Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permitted uses. The following principal uses are permitted by right.
(1) All permitted uses allowed in the R-15 District;
(2) Office buildings containing 2,000 square feet or less of gross floor area;
(3) Churches including customary accessory uses. Church owned and maintained cemeteries as an accessory use are permitted;
(4) Public and private elementary and secondary schools and/or school district administrative offices;
(5) Family care homes;
(6) Customary home occupations in accordance with § 153.045 of this chapter;
(7) Day care center, small group;
(8) Private residential quarters, provided there is sufficient off-street parking to accommodate the private residential quarters in addition to the two off-street parking spaces required for the principal dwelling;
(9) Private recreation facilities constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing the construction of some residential development and intended primarily for the use and enjoyment of the residents thereof; and
(10) Public safety stations.
(1) Essential services, Class II;
(2) Rest homes, nursing care facilities and continuing care communities;
(3) Day care centers;
(5) Copying service;
(7) Bed and breakfast inns;
(8) Office buildings containing over 2,000 square feet of gross floor area;
(9) Travel agency;
(10) Art and photography studios;
(11) Tailor and alteration shop;
(12) Libraries; and
(13) Barber shop/beauty shop.
(C) Yard requirements.
(1) Minimum lot size.
(a) Bed and breakfast inn: 12,000 square feet.
(b) Churches: 20,000 square feet.
(c) Copy service: 10,000 square feet.
(d) Day care centers: 10,000 square feet.
(e) Florists: 10,000 square feet.
(f) Museum: 21,780 square feet.
(g) Office buildings: 10,000 square feet.
(h) Rest homes, nursing care facilities and continuing care communities: 20,000 square feet.
(i) Travel agency, art/photography studio, tailor/alteration shop and library: 10,000 square feet.
(j) Other uses: same as in the R-10 District.
(2) Minimum front setback.
(a) Single-family dwellings, family care homes, bed and breakfast inns: 30 feet.
(b) Cemeteries and essential services, Class II: 20 feet.
(c) Office buildings containing 2,000 square feet or less of gross floor area: 30 feet; except for any structure existing at the time this chapter is enacted, the actual setback of the structure shall be allowed for any office use provided there are no further encroachments into the 30-foot front yard.
(d) All other uses: 40 feet.
(3) Minimum side yard setback (an additional ten feet shall be provided on all side yards which abut a public street).
(a) Museum, office buildings, florist, copying service, travel agency, art and photography studios, tailor and alteration shop, library: 15 feet.
(b) Other uses: same as the RMF District.
(4) Minimum rear yard setback. All uses: 25 feet.
(5) Minimum lot width (as measured at the required front setback). At least 35 feet of lot width measured at the street right-of-way line shall be required except as noted.
(a) Office buildings, museums, libraries, florist, copy service, church, schools: 100 feet with at least 50 feet at the street right-of-way line.
(b) Churches and schools: 120 feet with at least 50 feet at the street right-of-way line.
(c) Other uses: 80 feet.
(6) Maximum building height. All uses: 40 feet, except as provided in § 153.054 of this chapter.
(D) Screening and landscaping.
(2) Where applicable, landscaping shall be provided in accordance with § 153.047 of this chapter.
(Prior UDO, § 7.13) Penalty, see § 153.999