Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permitted uses. The following uses are permitted by right.
(1) Retail uses.
(a) Antique store;
(b) Appliance and appliance repair store;
(c) Arts and crafts store;
(d) Automobile and boat supply store;
(e) Bakeries (retail and wholesale);
(f) Bicycle store;
(g) Beauty supply store;
(h) Book and stationery store (excluding adult establishments);
(i) Box and gift-wrap store;
(j) Card (greeting) shop.
(k) Camera shop and film developing service depository and/or walk-in service developing lab;
(l) Catalog sales store;
(m) Clock shop;
(n) Clothing shop/department store;
(o) Computer service store;
(p) Convenience stores (no fuel sales);
(q) Copy service;
(r) Curtains, drape and other window treatments store;
(t) Dressmaking shop;
(v) Dry cleaning (pick-up and delivery station);
(w) Dry goods shop;
(x) Electronics sales;
(y) Sign printing and manufacturing, outside of the downtown fire district and with no outdoor storage and with all activities conducted indoors;
(z) Florist and gift shop;
(aa) Floor covering, lighting, wallpaper, paint and window covering store;
(bb) Food store;
(cc) Formalwear sales and rental;
(dd) Furniture, rugs and other home furnishings store;
(ff) Hardware store (but not outdoor storage or enclosed lumber yards);
(gg) Hobby store;
(hh) Household goods shop;
(ii) Jewelry and jewelry repair shop;
(jj) Key shop;
(kk) Linen shop;
(ll) Luggage and leather shop;
(mm) Medical supply sales and rental store;
(nn) Music store including recordings of the various media, print music, sound and high fidelity equipment and supplies, and musical instruments sales and service;
(oo) Notion and fabric store;
(pp) Office buildings with a maximum gross floor area of 10,000 square feet;
(qq) Office supply, stationary office equipment;
(rr) Party rental shop;
(ss) Pet store;
(tt) Postal store;
(uu) Restaurant and auxiliary food catering service;
(vv) Second-hand shop;
(ww) Shoe store;
(xx) Shoe repair shop;
(yy) Sporting goods and trophy shop;
(zz) Tailor and alteration shop;
(aaa) Toy store;
(bbb) Variety and department store;
(ccc) Video rental and sales shop (excluding adult establishments); and
(ddd) Motorcycle sales.
(a) Art and photography studios (excluding adult establishments);
(b) Automobile parking lot;
(d) Barber shop;
(e) Beauty shop;
(f) Community center;
(g) Commercial schools providing training in any of the arts, sciences, trades or professions, conducted indoors, with up to 100 enrolled students;
(h) Essential services, Classes I and II;
(i) Exterminator service;
(j) Finance company;
(k) Film processing service;
(l) Fitness and tanning center (excluding adult establishments);
(m) Interior decorating service;
(q) Newspaper office and broadcast media offices and studios only;
(r) Offices-business, professional, medical and public;
(s) Opticians and optical services;
(t) Post office;
(u) Public safety station;
(v) Rental of party, medical, office and household items;
(w) Sign printing and manufacturing, outside of the downtown fire district and with no outdoor storage and with all activities conducted indoors;
(y) Theaters, auditoriums and public or private nonprofit cultural arts facilities (performance, education, and/or exhibit) excluding adult establishments;
(z) Travel agency; and
(aa) Dry cleaning service.
(3) Other. Accessory apartments in commercial structures provided all Building and Fire Codes are met.
(1) Retail uses. Shopping centers, Classes A and B.
(a) Arcade or amusement center or game room;
(b) Auction houses, indoors (excluding livestock auctions);
(c) Automobile service station;
(d) Bail bond service;
(e) Bed and breakfast inn;
(f) Check cashing establishment;
(h) Commercial schools providing training in any of the arts, sciences, trades or professions, conducted indoors, with over 50 enrolled students;
(i) Day care center;
(j) Financial institution;
(n) Newspaper printing and other publishing;
(o) Office buildings containing over 10,000 square feet of gross floor area;
(p) Parking facilities;
(q) Pawn shop; and
(a) Planned unit developments (mixed use) in accordance with § 153.216 of this chapter and provided the uses within the development are otherwise listed as permitted or conditional uses allowed in the C-B District and Residential (R) Districts;
(b) Multi-family dwellings; and
(c) Family care homes.
(C) Yard requirements.
(1) Minimum lot size: none.
(2) Minimum lot width: none.
(3) Minimum front yard setback: none.
(4) Minimum side yard setback: none except ten feet shall be required on all corner lots and 20 feet on side yards that abut any Residential (R) District. The side yard setback on Multifamily residential uses adjoining Residential (R) Districts may be reduced to 10 feet if an opaque fence or wall is provided to screen the Multifamily residential use from the Residential (R) District.
(5) Minimum rear yard setback: none except 20 feet shall be required on all lots whose rear yard abuts any Residential (R) District. The rear yard setback on Multifamily residential uses adjoining Residential (R) Districts may be reduced to 10 feet if an opaque fence or wall is provided to screen the Multifamily residential use from the Residential (R) District.
(6) Maximum building height: 40 feet except as permitted in § 153.054 of this chapter.
(8) Minimum build to lines:
(a) The fronts of all new commercial buildings shall be constructed at the minimum front and side setback lines.
(b) The fronts of all new multifamilv buildings shall observe a build to line of zero to thirty feet as measured from the street right of way boundary..
(9) Where new structures are constructed adjacent to existing sidewalks, an expansion joint shall be placed between the structures and the sidewalk.
(D) Screening and landscaping.
(2) When off-street parking is provided, landscaping shall be installed, as applicable, pursuant to § 153.047(B) of this chapter.
(Prior UDO, § 7.9) (Ord. ZTA-1-2013, passed 2-7-2013; Ord. ZTA-4-2016, passed 7-7-2016; Ord. ZTA-7-2016, passed 1-5-2017 ; Ord. ZTA-2-2020, passed 3-5-2020) Penalty, see § 153.999
Additional development standards pertaining to the CB District, see § 153.074