Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permitted uses. The following uses are permitted by right.
(1) All permitted uses allowed in the R-15 District; and
(2) Two-family dwellings.
(1) All conditional uses listed in § 153.106(B) of this chapter;
(2) Bed and breakfast inns;
(3) Public safety stations;
(4) Rest homes, nursing care facilities and continuing care communities;
(5) Planned residential developments in accordance with §§ 153.215 through 153.220 of this chapter and provided the gross density of the development does not exceed six dwelling units per acre or in the case of a density bonus granted pursuant to § 153.215(C) of this chapter a total gross density of not more than eight and four-tenths dwelling units per acre;
(6) Planned unit developments (mixed use) in accordance with § 153.216 of this chapter and provided the uses within the development are otherwise listed as permitted or conditional uses allowed in the R-8 District;
(7) Day care centers;
(8) Group homes for at-risk youth;
(9) Domestic violence shelters;
(10) Traditional infill developments (TID) in accordance with § 153.219 of this chapter. A TID may only contain residential uses that are otherwise allowed in this zoning district (either as a permitted use or a conditional use); and
(11) Homeless shelters.
(C) Yard regulations.
(1) Minimum lot size.
(c) Planned residential development: minimum site size shall be two acres and maximum residential densities shall be six units per acre, however, a density bonus of up two and four-tenths additional units per acre may be granted pursuant to § 153.215(C) of this chapter.
(d) Bed and breakfast inns: 15,000 square feet.
(e) Public safety stations: 15,000 square feet.
(f) Rest homes and nursing care facilities: 20,000 square feet.
(g) Continuing care communities: one acre.
(h) Day care center: 8,000 square feet.
(i) Family-care home: 8,000 square feet.
(j) All other uses: same as R-10.
(2) Minimum front yard setback (as measured from the edge of the street right-of-way line).
(a) Single- and two-family dwellings, bed and breakfast inn and family care home: 30 feet.
(b) Cemeteries and essential services, Class II: 20 feet.
(d) All other uses: 40 feet.
(3) Minimum side yard setback (an additional ten feet shall be provided on all side yards which abut a public street).
(a) Single- and two-family dwellings: ten feet.
(b) Family care homes: eight feet.
(d) Public and private elementary and secondary schools: 20 feet.
(e) Church: 20 feet.
(f) Swimming pools not constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing the construction of some private residential development: 40 feet.
(g) Community centers or meeting facilities: 20 feet.
(h) Bed and breakfast inn: 15 feet.
(i) Rest home and nursing care facilities: 15 feet.
(j) Continuing care community: 20 feet.
(k) Day care center: ten feet.
(l) All other uses: same as R-10.
(4) Minimum rear yard setback. All uses: 25 feet or same as minimum side yard setback, whichever is greater.
(5) Maximum building height. All uses: 35 feet, except as provided in § 153.054 of this chapter.
(6) Minimum lot width.
(a) Single-family dwelling and family care home: 70 feet at front yard setback; 35 feet at street right-of-way.
(b) Two-family dwelling: 80 feet at front yard setback; 35 feet at street right-of-way.
(d) Day care center: 70 feet at front yard setback; 35 feet at street right-of-way.
(e) Bed and breakfast inn: 80 feet at front yard setbacks; 35 feet at street right-of-way.
(f) All other uses: same as R-15.
(D) Screening and landscaping.
(b) Country club, but screening is not required for golf course playing areas;
(c) Essential services, Class II;
(d) Outdoor swimming pool not constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing construction of some residential developing;
(e) Nursing care facilities;
(f) Community center or meeting facility; and
(g) Bed and breakfast inn.
(2) Where applicable, landscaping shall be provided in accordance with § 153.047 of this chapter.
(Prior UDO, § 7.4) (Ord. ZTA-3-2016, passed 6-2-2016) Penalty, see § 153.999