Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permitted uses. The following uses are permitted by right.
(1) Single-family dwellings;
(2) Day care centers, small group;
(3) Customary home occupations in accordance with § 153.045 of this chapter;
(4) Family care homes;
(5) Essential services, Class I;
(6) Accessory structures in accordance with § 153.057 of this chapter;
(9) Publicly owned and operated outdoor recreation facility one acre or less in size and not containing a swimming pool.
(1) Cemeteries (setbacks apply to both graves and buildings).
(3) Country clubs and privately-owned outdoor recreation facilities provided that go-cart tracks and other outdoor vehicular racing facilities shall not be permitted.
(4) Essential services, Class II.
(5) Indoor community center or meeting facility.
(6) Open air venue/outdoor venue.
(7) Public and private elementary schools, secondary schools, community colleges, and public school district administrative offices where located on the same tract of land as a public school.
(8) Public safety stations.
(9) Publicly owned and operated outdoor recreation facilities in excess of one acre in area and/or containing a swimming pool.
(C) Yard regulations.
(1) Minimum lot size.
(a) Single-family dwellings: 15,000 square feet.
(b) Churches: one acre.
(c) Country clubs: five acres.
(d) Public or private outdoor recreation facilities not constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing the construction of a school or some residential development: none.
(e) Public and private elementary and secondary schools: four acres.
(f) Public safety station: 20,000 square feet.
(g) Essential services: none.
(h) Cemeteries as a principal use: two acres.
(i) All other principal uses: 15,000 square feet.
(2) Minimum front yard setback (as measured from the edge of the street right-of-way line).
(a) All principal uses listed as permitted uses in division (A) above: 35 feet.
(b) Cemeteries and essential services, Class II: 35 feet.
(c) All other uses: 50 feet.
(3) Minimum side yard setback (an additional ten feet shall be provided on all side yards which abut a public street).
(a) Single-family detached dwellings: ten feet.
(b) Public and private elementary and secondary schools: 40 feet.
(c) Church: 40 feet.
(d) Swimming pools located in a public or private maintained recreation facility: 40 feet.
(e) Country clubs, but not including golf courses: 40 feet.
(f) Community center or meeting facility: 40 feet.
(g) All other uses: 15 feet.
(4) Minimum rear yard setbacks. All uses: 25 feet or same as minimum side yard setback, whichever is greater.
(5) Maximum building height. All uses: 35 feet, except as provided in § 153.054 of this chapter.
(6) Minimum lot width (as measured at the required front yard setback).
(a) Churches, community center, meeting facilities, schools, country clubs, and essential services Class III: 120 feet except that in no instance shall the lot width measured at the street right-of-way be less than 50 feet.
(b) All other uses: 90 feet except that in no instance shall the lot width measured at the street right-of-way be less than 35 feet.
(D) Screening and landscaping.
(a) Essential services, Classes I and II;
(b) Country clubs, but screening is not required for golf course playing areas;
(c) Outdoor swimming pools located in a public or privately maintained recreation facility;
(d) Schools, elementary, secondary, public or private;
(e) Essential services, Class II;
(g) Community centers and meeting facilities; and
(h) Public or private outdoor recreation facilities not constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing the construction of some residential development.
(2) Where applicable landscaping shall be provided in accordance with § 153.057 of this chapter.
(Prior UDO, § 7.2) (Ord. passed 4-6-16) Penalty, see § 153.999