Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Plumbing system.
(1) Each dwelling unit shall be connected to a potable water supply and to the public sewer or other approved sewage disposal system.
(2) Each dwelling unit shall contain not less than a kitchen sink, lavatory, tub or shower, water closet and adequate supply of both cold water and hot water. All water shall be supplied through an approved pipe distribution system connected to a potable water supply.
(3) All plumbing fixtures shall meet the standards of the State Plumbing Code and shall be maintained in a state of good repair and in good working order.
(4) All required plumbing fixtures shall be located within the dwelling unit and be accessible to the occupants of same. The water closet and tub or shower shall be located in a room or rooms affording privacy to the user.
(B) Heating system. Every dwelling and dwelling unit shall have facilities for providing heat in accordance with either division (B)(1) or (B)(2) below:
(1) Central and electric heating systems. Every central or electric heating system shall be of sufficient capacity so as to heat all habitable rooms, bathrooms and water closet compartments in every dwelling unit to which it is connected with a minimum temperature of 70°F measured at a point three feet above the floor during ordinary winter conditions.
(2) Other heating facilities. Where a central or electric heating system is not provided, each dwelling and dwelling unit shall be provided with sufficient fireplaces, chimneys, flues or gas vents whereby heating appliances may be connected so as to heat all habitable rooms with a minimum temperature of 70°F measured three feet above the floor during ordinary winter conditions.
(C) Electrical system.
(1) Every dwelling and dwelling unit shall be wired for electric lights and convenience receptacles. Every habitable room shall contain at least two floor or wall-type electric convenience receptacles, connected in a manner as determined by the State Electric Code. There shall be installed in every bathroom, water closet room, laundry room and furnace room at least one supplied ceiling or wall-type electric light fixture. In the event wall or ceiling light fixtures are not provided in any habitable room, each habitable room shall contain at least three floor or wall-type electric convenience receptacles.
(2) Every public hall and stairway in every multiple dwelling shall be adequately lighted by electric lights at all times when natural daylight is not sufficient.
(3) All fixtures, receptacles, equipment and wiring shall be maintained in a state of good repair, safe, capable of being used and installed in accordance with the State Electrical Code.
(Prior Code, § 4-54) Penalty, see § 150.999