Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any user who is found to have failed to comply with any provision of this chapter, or the orders, rules, regulations, and permits issued hereunder, may be fined up to $10,000 per day violation.
(B) In determining the amount of the civil penalty, the POTW Director shall consider the following:
(1) The degree and extend of the harm to the natural resources, to the public health, or to public or private property resulting from the violation;
(2) The duration and gravity of the violation;
(3) The effect on ground or surface water quantity or quality or on air quality;
(4) The cost of rectifying the damage;
(5) The amount of money saved by noncompliance;
(6) Whether the violation was committed willfully or intentionally;
(7) The prior record of the violator in complying or failing to comply with the pretreatment program; and
(8) The cost of enforcement to the county.
(C) Appeals of civil penalties assessed in accordance with this section shall be as provided in § 51.051.
(Ord. passed 8-22-1994)