Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A soil erosion and stormwater runoff control plan shall be prepared for any Land Disturbance Activities subject to permit requirements. The plan shall be designed to effectively reduce accelerated soil erosion and sedimentation during construction and after construction is completed.
(A) RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OR ENVIRONMENTALLY SENSITIVE SITE PLANS FOR LAND DISTURBANCE ACTIVITIES.
A residential or environmentally sensitive site plan shall show the following:
(1) Location of the site.
(2) Site characteristics, such as location of lake, stream, wetlands or existing buildings.
(3) Proposed Land Disturbance activity.
(4) Erosion control measures proposed.
If there are severe development limitations in regards to the existing site characteristics, the City Engineer may require that a residential or environmentally sensitive site plan be prepared by one of the following registered professionals: civil engineer, land surveyor, architect, and/or landscape architect.
(B) OTHER LAND USES, SITE PLANS FOR LAND DISTURBANCE ACTIVITIES.
The submitted site plans shall show the following:
(1) A map or maps at a scale of not more than 200 feet to the inch or as otherwise determined by the City Engineer, including a legal description and site location sketch which includes the proximity of any proposed Land Disturbance Activity to lakes or streams or both; predominant land features; and contour intervals or slope description.
(2) A soils survey or written description of the soil types of the exposed land area contemplated for the Land Disturbance Activity.
(3) A description and the location of the physical limits of each proposed Land Disturbance Activity.
(4) Location of all lakes, streams, and protected wetlands partially or completely contained within the boundaries of the site or within 200 feet of the site boundary.
(5) A description and the location of all existing and proposed on-site stormwater management facilities and measures.
(6) The timing and sequence of each proposed Land Disturbance Activity.
(7) A description, location, and maintenance plan for all proposed temporary soil erosion control facilities and measures.
(8) A description and the location of all proposed permanent soil erosion control facilities and measures.
(9) Stormwater runoff calculations.
(10) A program for the continued maintenance of all permanent soil erosion and stormwater runoff control facilities and measures as listed in Section 1066.11.
(11) Other information which the City Engineer requires to review the impact of the proposed Land Disturbance Activity in relationship to the standards and requirements of this Chapter.
(12) Where appropriate, the 100 year high water elevation should be shown on the site plan.
(13) The timing and sequence of stabilization activities.
(14) Areas designated for the storage and disposal of solid, sanitary and toxic wastes including dumpster, concrete washout, and vehicle fueling areas.
(15) The location of construction entrances where vehicles will access the construction site.
(16) The location of any in stream activities including stream crossings.
(C) SUBDIVISION PLAT SITE PLAN.
Applicants for subdivision plat approval shall submit the same information as in 1066.08 B of this Chapter and may need to submit additional information including but not limited to the following: off-site watershed boundaries, existing and proposed easements, and proposed drainage system including water movement onto and out of the proposed plat.
(Ord. 91-06. Passed 3-27-06, Ord. 80-14. Passed 3-24-14)