Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Each registrant shall, at the time of registration and by December 1 of each year, file a construction and major maintenance plan for underground facilities with the city. The plan shall be submitted using a format designated by the city and shall contain the information determined by the city to be necessary to facilitate the coordination and reduction in the frequency of excavations and obstructions of rights-of-way.
(2) The plan shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
(a) The locations and the estimated beginning and ending dates of all projects to be commenced during the next calendar year (in this section, a “next-year project”); and
(b) To the extent known, the tentative locations and estimated beginning and ending dates for all projects contemplated for the five years following the next calendar year (in this section, a “five-year project”).
(3) The term “project” in this section shall include both next-year projects and five-year projects.
(4) By January 1 of each year, the city will have available for inspection in the city’s office a composite list of all projects of which the city has been informed of the annual plans. All registrants are responsible for keeping themselves informed of the current status of this list.
(5) Thereafter, by February 1, each registrant may change any project in its list of next-year projects, and must notify the city and all other registrants of all changes in the list. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a registrant may at any time join in a next-year project of another registrant listed by the other registrant.
(B) Additional next-year projects. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the city will not deny an application for a right-of-way permit for failure to include a project in a plan submitted to the city if the registrant has used commercially reasonable efforts to anticipate and plan for the project.
(Ord. 460, passed 8-28-2000)