Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Information required. The information provided to the city at the time of registration shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Each registrant’s name, Gopher One-Call registration certificate number, address and e-mail address if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers.
(2) The name, address and e-mail address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers of a local representative. The local representative or designee shall be available at all times. Current information regarding how to contact the local representative in an emergency shall be provided at the time of registration;
(3) A certificate of insurance or self-insurance:
(a) Verifying that an insurance policy has been issued to the registrant by an insurance company licensed to do business in the state, or a form of self insurance acceptable to the city;
(b) Verifying that the registrant is insured against claims for personal injury, including death, as well as claims for property damage arising out of the use and occupancy of the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees and permittees, and placement and use of facilities and equipment in the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees and permittees, including, but not limited to, protection against liability arising from completed operations, damage of underground facilities and collapse of property;
(c) Naming the city as an additional insured as to whom the coverages required in this section are in force and applicable and for whom defense will be provided as to all coverages;
(d) Requiring that the city be notified 30 days in advance of cancellation of the policy or material modification of a coverage term; and
(e) Evidencing that comprehensive liability coverage, automobile liability coverage, worker’s compensation and umbrella coverage exists in amounts sufficient to protect the city and the public and to carry out the purposes and policies of this subchapter.
(4) The city may require a copy of the actual insurance policies;
(5) If the person is a corporation, a copy of the certificate required to be filed under M.S. § 302A.155, as it may be amended from time to time, as recorded and certified to by the Secretary of State; and
(6) A copy of the person’s order granting a certificate of authority from the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission or other applicable state or federal agency, where the person is lawfully required to have the certificate from the Commission or other state or federal agency.
(B) Notice of changes. The registrant shall keep all of the information listed above current at all times by providing the city information as to changes within 15 days following the date on which the registrant has knowledge of any change.
(Ord. 460, passed 8-28-2000)