Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) As used in this section, KEG is defined as a container designed and capable of holding six or more gallons of malt beverage.
(B) All retail licensees selling malt beverages in kegs for consumption off of the licensed premises shall attach a control label. The label must display a control number and the name of the licensee, and must be affixed to the keg at the time of sale. At the time of such sale, the licensee shall require the purchaser to complete and sign a keg registration form for the keg stating:
(1) The purchaser is of legal age to purchase, possess and use the malt beverage;
(2) The purchaser is not purchasing the keg for resale and will not allow any person under the age of 21 to consume the malt beverage;
(3) The purchaser will not remove, obliterate or allow to be removed or obliterated the control label;
(4) The property address where the keg will be consumed and physically located; and
(5) The purchaser is aware of his/her duty to maintain a copy of the keg registration form visible and readily accessible from the location of the keg.
(C) The licensee shall obtain the name, address and telephone number of the purchaser and shall require the purchaser to produce a valid driver's license number and, if that is not available, to produce at least one other generally accepted and reliable form of identification.
(D) The licensee shall retain copies of the keg registration forms for a period of one year and shall make the keg registration form available for inspection by state and local alcoholic beverage control officers and other law enforcement officers.
(E) The keg registration form shall be forwarded to the City ABC Administrator within five working days in all situations when the keg is not returned or is returned with the control label removed or obliterated.
(F) The City ABC Administrator is authorized to develop appropriate registration forms and to develop and to make those forms available to licensees,
(G) All licensees that sell or offer for sale kegs shall post on the licensed premises a notice provided by the city concerning the provisions of this section.
(H) It shall be unlawful for any licensee to sell or offer for sale kegs without the control labels attached and the keg registration form completed. It also shall be unlawful for any person to remove or to obliterate the control label or to fail to have the required notice visible and readily accessible from the location of the keg.
(Ord. 2016-08, passed 8-1-16; Am. Ord. 2017-12, passed 8-21-17)