Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Before an application shall be considered, the applicant must publish a notice of its intent to apply for an alcohol beverage license in a newspaper meeting the requirements of KRS Chapter 424.
(1) The advertisement shall state the name and addresses of the members of the partnership if the applicant is a partnership, as well as the name of the business and its address, or if the applicant is a corporation, the names and addresses of the principal officers and directors of the corporation, as well as the name and addresses of the corporation itself, the location of the premises for which the license is sought, and the type of license for which application is made.
(2) The applicant shall attach to the application a newspaper clipping of the advertisement and proof of the publication as provided in KRS 424.170.
(B) All licenses granted under this subchapter shall be approved by the City ABC Administrator. Applications for the issuance of new licenses and for renewals of existing licenses shall be in writing and upon the forms provided by the State ABC Board and the City of Leitchfield, as amended and supplemented from time to time.
(C) The application shall be verified and shall set forth in detail such information concerning the applicant and the premises for which the license is sought as required by the Kentucky Revised Statutes, the State ABC Board and the city, including as follows:
(1) Name and address;
(2) Nature of interest;
(3) Whether or not a citizen of the United States;
(4) Date of birth;
(5) Date residence was established in Kentucky, if a resident of Kentucky. If a city resident, indicate when residence was established.
(6) Whether or not he or she has any interest in any other license or corporation or partnership holding a license under this subchapter;
(7) Extent of stock ownership;
(8) Whether or not he or she has any interest in any license or corporation or partnership holding a license in any other state or province.
(9) Each application shall be accompanied by check or cash for the license fee.
(D) All applicants shall provide a Kentucky police record / criminal background check from the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts (KAOC).
(E) All city licenses shall be in such form as may be prescribed by the City Council and shall contain:
(1) The name and address of the licensee;
(2) The number of the license;
(3) The type of license;
(4) A description by street and number, or otherwise, of the licensed premises;
(5) The name and address of the owner of the building in which the licensed premises are located;
(6) The expiration date of the license;
(7) A statement in substance that the license shall not be a property or vested right and that it may be revoked at any time pursuant to law.
(F) All licenses, except temporary licenses, approved by the City ABC Administrator and issued by the City of Leitchfield shall begin and end on the dates specified by the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for the City of Leitchfield. Any licenses issued after the beginning date of any year shall be assessed a fee which is based on the pro rata portion of the remainder of the license period. However, the cost of any license shall not be less than that for a period of six months.
(G) The renewal by the City ABC Administrator of the license shall not be construed to be a waiver or acceptance of any violation which occurred prior to such renewal and shall not prevent subsequent proceedings against the license. The renewal application shall be accompanied by a renewal application fee of $50.
(H) In the event a violation of this ordinance occurs that requires the revocation of the license, the city shall not be required to refund any portion of the license fee.
(Ord. 2010-05, passed 4-19-10; Am. Ord. 2011-07, passed 7-5-11; Am. Ord. 2013-11, passed 11-4-13; Am. Ord. 2016-15, passed 9-29-16; Am. Ord. 2016-18, passed 12-6-16)