Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No gambling or game of chance unless otherwise authorized by the Commonwealth shall be permitted in any form on such licensed premises. Dice, slot machines, quarter pushers, prize redemption machines with programmable payouts, or any device with element of chance, are prohibited and shall not be kept on such premises.
(B) (1) It shall be unlawful for any licensee licensed under this subchapter to have or maintain any radio receiving apparatus on such premises which is intentionally adjusted so as to receive police messages broadcast from any law enforcement agency in the county as it is now or may hereafter be operated.
(2) In addition to other penalties provided for the violation of this section, the Chief of Police or the City ABC Administrator, or any investigator or officer designated by either of such persons, shall have the authority to confiscate any and all such radio receiving apparatus.
(C) All licensees shall be required to take precautions and implement measures reasonably necessary to discourage unlawful activity in and around the licensed premises. Accordingly, the licensee shall be responsible for maintaining security on the licensed premises including providing adequate outside lighting to permit customers to utilize the parking area and to promote the safety, health and welfare of the general public utilizing the licensed premise.
(D) It shall be unlawful for the licensee under this subchapter who sells alcoholic beverages of any kind, to give away or offer to give away anything tangible of value as a premium or prize or for any other purpose:
(1) In direct connection with the sale of malt beverages; or
(2) Except as otherwise allowed by state law.
(E) No quota retail package licensee shall permit any alcoholic beverages to be consumed on the licensed premises, unless it holds an additional license authorizing same.
(F) No licensee or agent or employee of the licensee shall permit any person to become drunk or intoxicated on the premises, nor shall any licensee permit any drunk or intoxicated person to remain on the licensed premises.
(G) The licensee shall not sell or dispense alcoholic beverages to any person who is under 21 years of age.
(H) The licensee shall display at all times in a prominent place a sign at least 8 inches by 11 inches in 30 point or larger type which states as follows:
"Persons under the age of twenty-one (21) are subject to a fine of up to One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) if they:
1. Enter licensed premises to buy, or have served to them, alcoholic beverages.
2. Possess, purchase or attempt to purchase, or get another to purchase alcoholic beverages.
3. Misrepresent their age for the purpose of purchasing or obtaining alcoholic beverages."
(I) (1) The licensee, before commencing any business for which a license has been issued, shall post and display the license at all times in a conspicuous place in the room or principal room where the business is carried on so that all persons visiting the place may readily see the license.
(2) The licensee shall not at any time post the license on premises other than the licensed premises or upon premises where traffic in alcoholic beverages is being carried on by any person other than the licensee, or knowingly deface, destroy or alter the license in any respect.
(J) The licensee shall post in a prominent place easily seen by patrons a printed sign at least 8½ inches by 11 inches in size, and with gender-neutral language supplied by the Cabinet for Health Services, which shall warn that drinking alcoholic beverages prior to conception or during pregnancy can cause birth defects.
(K) No malt beverage distributor shall sell any malt beverages to any person in the city for any consideration except cash or cash equivalent paid at or before the time of delivery, except as permitted by KRS 244.040. Nor shall any retail licensee sell to a purchaser for any consideration except for cash or cash equivalent at time of purchase.
(L) (1) No licensee shall knowingly employ in connection with his or her business any person who:
(a) Has been convicted of any felony within the last two years, unless allowed by KRS 244.090(2);
(b) Has been twice convicted of any misdemeanor or offense directly or indirectly attributable to the use of alcoholic beverages within the last two years, unless allowed by KRS 244.090(2);
(c) Is under the age of 20 years who will be serving alcoholic beverages or who will be having any contact whatsoever with the sale of alcohol as defined under statute. However, at a premise licensed solely with a non-quota retail mait beverage package license, a person that is at least 18 years of age may be employed to sell packaged malt beverages so long as said person is under the supervision of a person 20 years of age or older; and
(d) Within two years prior to the date of his employment has had any city license under this subchapter revoked for any cause.
(2) Violation of this division (L) shall subject both employer and employee to penalties provided in this subchapter and shall be cause for revocation of license.
(Ord. 2016-08, passed 8-1-16; Am. Ord. 2017-12, passed 8-21-17)