Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Except as provided in division (B) below and § 91.07, the prohibitions against discrimination in the sale or rental of housing apply to all dwellings.
(B) Provided, however, that nothing in § 91.04 shall apply to:
(1) Any single-family house sold or rented by an owner, provided that:
(a) Such private individual owner does not own more than three such single-family houses at any one time;
(b) In the case of the sale of any such single-family house by a private individual owner not residing in such house at the time of such sale or who was not the most recent resident of such house prior to such sale, the exemption granted by this division shall apply only with respect to one such sale within any 24-month period;
(c) Such bona fide private individual owner does not own any interest in, nor is there owned or reserved on his behalf, under any express or voluntary agreement, title to or any right to all or a portion of the proceeds from the sale or rental of, more than three such single-family houses at any one time.
(2) Rooms or units in dwellings containing living quarters occupied or intended to be occupied by nor more than four families living independently of each other, if the owner actually maintains and occupies one of such living quarters as his residence.
(C) For the purpose of division (B) above, a person shall be deemed to be in the business of selling or renting dwellings if:
(1) He has, within the preceding 12 months, participated as principal in three or more transactions involving the sale or rental of any dwelling or any interest therein;
(2) He has, within the preceding 12 months, participated as agent, other than in the sale of his own personal residence, in providing sales or rental facilities or sales or rental services in two or more transactions involving the sale or rental of any dwelling or any interest therein;
(3) He is the owner of any dwelling designed or intended for occupancy by, or occupied by, five or more families.
(Ord. passed 9-19-83)