Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
CITY. The City of Leitchfield, Kentucky.
FRANCHISEE. Any firm, company or individual to which a franchise is awarded.
NON-RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER. All other customers that are not residential customers.
PREMISES. Land, building or other structures, vehicles, watercraft or parts thereof upon or in which refuses is stored.
RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER. Those places used by persons as their place of residence, including private residences, apartment buildings and mobile homes and including mobile home located within a mobile home park.
SOLID WASTE. Any garbage refuse, sludge or other discarded material, including solid, liquid, semi-solid or contained gaseous materials resulting from industrial, commercial, health-care or agricultural operation and from community activities and specifically including but not limited to the following sub-categories:
(1) HOUSEHOLD SOLID WASTE. Solid waste, including garbage and trash generated by single and multiple family residences.
(2) COMMERCIAL SOLID WASTE. All types of solid waste generated by stores, offices, restaurants, warehouses, hotels, motels, recreational areas and other service and non-manufacturing activities.
(3) INDUSTRIAL SOLID WASTE. Solid waste generated by any type of manufacturing or industrial processes, health-care facilities and/or any solid waste deposited in a self-contained compacting unit or roll-off container.
SOLID WASTE does not include the following:
(1) Those materials including but not limited to sand, soil, rock, gravel or bridge debris extracted as part of a public road construction project;
(2) Recovered material;
(3) Solid or dissolved material in domestic sewage, manure, crops, crop residue or a combination thereof which are placed on the soil for return to the soil as fertilizers or soil conditioners;
(4) Solid or dissolved material in irrigation return flows or industrial discharges which are point sources subject to permits of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
(Ord. 2002-2, passed 2-18-02)