Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Each employer shall require every applicant for employment as a driver of a commercial vehicle to provide the applicant’s employment history for the 10 years preceding the date the employment application is submitted to the prospective employer. The following information shall be submitted:
(1) A list of the names and addresses of the applicant’s previous employers for which the applicant was the operator of a commercial motor vehicle;
(2) The dates the applicant was employed by these employers;
(3) The reason for leaving each of these employers.
(B) No employer shall knowingly permit or authorize any driver employed by the employer to drive a commercial motor vehicle during any period in which any of the following apply:
(1) The driver’s commercial driver’s license is suspended, revoked, or cancelled by any state or a foreign jurisdiction;
(2) The driver has lost the privilege to drive, or currently is disqualified from driving, a commercial motor vehicle in any state or foreign jurisdiction;
(3) The driver, the commercial motor vehicle the driver is driving, or the motor carrier operation is subject to an out-of-service order in any state or a foreign jurisdiction;
(4) The driver has more than one driver’s license.
(C) No employer shall knowingly permit or authorize a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle in violation of R.C. § 4506.15.
(D) Whoever violates division (A) or (B) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(E) Whoever violates division (C) of this section is guilty of a felony to be prosecuted under appropriate state law.
(R.C. § 4506.20) (Rev. 2006)