Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Adopted by reference. The International Residential Code, 2018 Edition, including appendix chapters is hereby adopted by reference.
(B) Appendix chapters. The following appendix chapters are included:
(1) Appendix A: Sizing and Capacities of Gas Piping.
(2) Appendix B: Sizing of Vent Systems Serving Appliances Equipped with Draft Hoods, Category I Appliances, and Appliances Listed for Use with Type B Vents.
(3) Appendix C: Exit Terminals of Mechanical Draft and Direct-Vent Venting Systems.
(4) Appendix E: Manufactured Housing Used as Dwellings.
(5) Appendix G: Piping Standards for Various Applications.
(6) Appendix H: Patio Covers.
(7) Appendix I: Private Sewage Disposal.
(8) Appendix J: Existing Buildings and Structures.
(9) Appendix K: Sound Transmission.
(10) Appendix Q: Tiny Homes.
(C) Amendments. The following sections are hereby revised:
(1) Section R101.1. Insert: City of Lead.
(2) Section R108.2. Insert: Chapter 150, Section 150.16 of the City of Lead’s Code of Ordinances--Building Permit Fees.
(3) Table R301.2(1). Insert:
Ground Snow Load: 60 pounds per square foot
Wind Speed: 115 miles per hour
Seismic Design Category: B
Frost line Depth: 48 inches
Decay: None to Slight
Winter Design Temperature: minus 15° Fahrenheit
Ice Shield Under-Layment Required: Yes
Flood Hazards: Map @ Lead City Hall
Air Freezing Index: >1000-2000
Mean Annual Temperature: 45° Fahrenheit
(4) Section P2603.5.1. Insert: 30 inches, 30 inches.
(5) Section P3103.1. Insert: 24 inches, 6 inches.
(D) Exclusions. The following sections are hereby excluded:
(1) Section P2904. Dwelling Unit Fire Sprinkler System.
(Ord. 1002-10, passed 12-20-2010; Ord. 1047-16, passed 4-4-2016; Ord. 1064-19, passed 2-4-2019)