Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Streets. Streets shall be graded to full width of the right-of-way, fully constructed, and paved in accordance with standards and specifications established by the city.
(1) Primary and secondary thoroughfares. Where the Plan Commission requires a pavement of greater width than 38 feet or right-of-way in excess of 60 feet, the developer shall be required to pay the additional costs for right-of-way and roadway construction. The Plan Commission may approve lesser pavement widths in negotiating for the acquisition of additional rights-of-way.
(2) Collector and local streets. The cost of all improvements on collector and local streets, including turnarounds at the end of cul-de-sacs, shall be paid by the subdivider.
(3) Sidewalks. Concrete sidewalks shall be installed on both sides of the street in accordance with the specifications of the city, except that the Plan Commission may waive sidewalk requirements on one side of any street and on both sides of streets on which property in industrial or manufacturing districts has direct frontage.
(B) Storm drainage system. Every subdivision shall be provided with a storm water drainage system according to the requirements of Chapter 152, Flood Damage Prevention.
(C) Sanitary sewers. Every subdivision shall be provided with a complete sanitary sewer system connected with available sewer mains, including a lateral connection for each lot. All sewers shall be constructed in accordance with this chapter and the requirements of the Utility Department of the city. A letter approving the sanitary sewer plans from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) shall be filed with the city prior to the city granting approval of the plans and issuing permits for construction.
(D) Water distribution. Every subdivision shall be provided with a complete water distribution system adequate to serve the area being platted in accordance with requirements of the Utility Department of the city. A letter approving the water plans from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) shall be filed with the city prior to the city granting approval of the plans and issuing permits for construction.
(E) Electrical system. Every subdivision shall be provided with a complete electrical system adequate to serve the area being platted in accordance with requirements of the Utility Department of the city.
(1) Parkways. All landscaped strips, parkways, and screening areas dedicated to the public shall be graded and seeded in an appropriate manner.
(2) Street tree planting. Shade or ornamental trees to be planted in the rights-of-way in the city shall be in accordance with Appendix F.
(G) Street name signs. Street name signs shall be provided at all street intersections or where a change of direction of a street requires a change of street name. The signs shall be of the size and type approved for use by the city.
(H) Residential subdivision lighting. Lighting shall be provided for each lot of a proposed subdivision per the following standards:
(1) Lighting fixtures are to be provided for each lot and be the specific height and design to be approved by the Plan Commission;
(2) The setback of such fixtures shall be uniform, with the specific setback (location) determined by the Plan Commission doing the review process; and
(3) Each such fixture shall be owned by the respective lot owner, connected to the electric line for that lot, and be activated by photo electric cells.
(I) Permanent monuments. Accurate description of location, material and size of all reference monuments shall be carried out in accordance with the requirements set forth as follows:
All exterior corners of the subdivision shall be marked with 48 inches long by six inches square, concrete monuments, pre-cast with a 3/4-inch (No. 6) steel reinforcing bar cast full length in the middle of the monument. Monuments shall be set flush with the finished grade. All internal corners shall be monumented with ½-inch diameter (No. 4) steel reinforcing bars with a plastic surveyor's cap as required by the Indiana Code.
(Ord. - -, passed - -) Penalty, see § 153.999