Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All new building construction within the City, regardless of use, shall be required to have a minimum of three building inspections: foundation inspection, framing inspection, and final inspection; provided that simple accessory buildings such as detached garages and pole buildings shall be required to have from one to three inspections depending upon the nature and complexity of the building.
(B) The Building Commissioner shall, within two days of notification from the permit holder or his or her agent, make the following inspections and shall either approve that portion of the construction as completed or shall notify the permit holder or his or her agent wherein the same fails to comply with the law:
(1) Foundation inspection. To be made after trenches are excavated and forms erected and when all materials for the foundation are delivered on the job. Where concrete from a central mixing plant is to be used, materials need not be on the job;
(2) Under slab and crawl space area inspections;
(3) Framing inspection. To be made after the roof, all framing, fire blocking and bracing are in place and all pipes, chimney and vents are complete;
(4) HVAC mechanical, electrical and plumbing inspections; and
(5) Final inspection. To be made after building is completed and ready for occupancy.
(C) It shall be the duty of the permit holder to notify the Building Commissioner and also the owner, or his or her authorized agent, verbally or in writing, not less than two days before the building is ready for inspection. It shall be the duty of the permit holder to see that the building will stand the building inspection prescribed before giving the above required notification.
(D) If the Building Commissioner or an inspector finds that the building will not stand inspection, the permit holder shall be required to renotify the Building Commissioner, as required above, when the building is ready for reinspection and to pay the sum of $25 for each reinspection.