Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Upon the approval of the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and the issuance of all other required permits and approvals by the Department of Public Works, the following shall occur during the period of construction activities:
(1) The Department of Public Works, or its designee, shall have the authority to conduct inspections of the site to ensure full compliance with the provisions of this chapter, the design standards and technical specifications by the Department of Public Works and the terms and conditions of the approved SWPPP and to take appropriate enforcement action under §§ 5-2-6-7, 5-2-6-22 and 5-2-6-24 through 5-2-6-30.
(2) A self-monitoring program shall be implemented by the project site owner to ensure the storm water pollution prevention plan is working effectively. The program must include, but not be limited to, the following:
(a) A trained individual shall perform an inspection and prepare a written evaluation of the project site:
1. By the end of the next business day following each one-half inch of rain; and
2. At a minimum of one time per week.
(b) The evaluation must:
1. Address the maintenance of existing storm water quality measures to ensure they are functioning properly; and
2. Identify additional measures necessary to remain in compliance with all applicable laws and ordinances.
(c) Written evaluation reports must include:
1. The name of the individual performing the evaluation;
2. The date of the evaluation;
3. Problems identified at the project site; and
4. Details of corrective actions recommended and completed.
(d) All evaluation reports for the project site must be made available to the inspecting authority within 48 hours of a request.
(B) Upon completion of the construction activities the following shall occur perpetually in accordance with the SWPPP regardless of site usage and land ownership:
(1) All constructed storm water quality facilities shall be maintained by the property owner, or per agreements on file with the Department of Public Works, and be in good condition and in accordance with the approved SWPPP operation and maintenance procedures and schedules and approved technical standards.
(2) The approved storm water quality facilities shall not be subsequently altered, revised or replaced except in accordance with the approved SWPPP or in accordance with Department of Public Works approved amendments or revisions to the SWPPP.
(3) The Department of Public Works, or its designee, shall have the authority to conduct inspections of the site and the installed Best Management Practices (BMPs) to ensure full compliance with the provisions of this chapter, the design standards and technical specifications approved by the Department of Public Works and terms and conditions of the SWPPP.
(Ord. 6, 2008, passed 5-5-2008)