Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Special Events: The provisions of section 3-1-3 shall not apply to the participants, organizers, promoters or sponsors of a Special Event if the City has issued a special event permit.
B. License Exemptions: The provisions of section 3-1-3 of this chapter shall not apply to:
1. The regular distribution and delivery of newspapers or the occasional distribution and delivery of magazines, classified listings, advertisements, telephone books, directories or free samples.
2. Sales or auctions conducted pursuant to Court order.
3. The sale, distribution or delivery of goods to commercial businesses for resale.
4. Those persons exempted from registration by the Idaho Contractor Registration Act, Title 54, Chapter 52, Idaho Code, except an owner who acts as his/her own general contractor and contracts for work to be performed by subcontractors on the owner's own property shall be required to obtain a business license and except public utilities.
5. The solicitation of contributions to political causes or candidates or to 501(c)(3) charitable organizations or to religious organizations where the person being solicited to contribute personally knows the identity of the person soliciting the contribution or the name of the group or organization the solicitor represents.
6. Fundraising solicitations and events by or for schools, youth activities, service clubs, or service groups such as, but not limited to, Elks, Kiwanis, Lions, Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, 4-H clubs, school groups, church groups, senior citizen groups, etc.
7. The conduct of garage, yard or similar sales by persons at their residence not exceeding twice in one calendar year and not to exceed three (3) days each, which sales shall not include business inventory or items that have been purchased for the purpose of resale.
8. The occasional private sale between private parties.
9. Self-employment services provided by any individual under the age of eighteen (18) years old for his/her own enrichment (e.g. lawn care, house cleaning, car washes or other personal services).
10. Performances by entertainers at bars, restaurants and private parties by invitation where no admission fees are charged.
11. Photographers, caterers, and servers contracted by a private party or business for an event or occasion.
12. Delivery of goods purchased from businesses which are not physically located within the City. (Ord. 2020-3, 8-13-2020)