Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All paved roads must meet the state’s Department of Transportation and the town’s specifications as a minimum. In some cases, more stringent specifications may be set if so recommended by the Town Engineer.
(B) These specifications are generally:
(1) Six inches of compacted aggregate base course;
(2) Two inches of compacted bituminous concrete surface course of type 12 hot mix (pavement);
(3) Pavement to be a minimum of 16 feet wide for petitioned improvements to dedicated, opened rights-of-way or for dedication of unopened rights-of-way;
(4) Pavement to be a minimum of 18 feet wide for any new subdivision or development; and
(5) Maximum slope of 16% minimum established road right-of-way of 40 feet.
(C) In addition to the road surface itself:
(1) Adequate ditching and drainage with erosion prevention and sedimentation control shall be included in all plans submitted for approval; and
(2) The removal of encroaching and overhanging trees and vegetation is required.
(D) The paver, owner, builder or developer shall guarantee the workmanship against defects for a period of one year from the date of acceptance by the town.
(Ord. passed 5-19-2009)