Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Monuments or markers shall be placed so that the center of the pipe or marked point shall coincide exactly with the intersection of lines to be marked, and shall be set so that the top of the monument or marker is level with the finished grade.
(B) Monuments or markers shall be set:
(1) At the intersection of all lines forming angles in the boundary of the subdivision;
(2) At the intersection of street property lines;
(3) At the beginning and ending of all curves along street property lines;
(4) At all points where lot lines intersect curves, either front or rear;
(5) At all angles in property lines of lots; and
(6) At all other lot corners not established by a monument.
(C) (1) Monuments shall be of stone, pre-cast concrete, or concrete poured in place, with minimum dimensions of four inches by four inches by 30 inches. They shall be marked on top with an iron or copper dowel set flush with the top of the monument or deeply scored on top with a cross.
(2) Markers shall consist of iron pipes or steel bars at least 30 inches long, and not less than one-half inch in diameter.
(`88 Code, § 8-111) (Ord. 98-20, passed 11-10-98)