Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person, with purpose to solicit another to engage in sexual activity for hire and while in or near a public place, shall do any of the following:
(1) Beckon to, stop or attempt to stop another;
(2) Engage or attempt to engage another in conversation;
(3) Stop or attempt to stop the operator of a vehicle or approach a stationary vehicle;
(4) If the offender is the operator of or a passenger in a vehicle, stop, attempt to stop, beckon to, attempt to beckon to, or entice another to approach or enter the vehicle of which the offender is the operator or in which the offender is the passenger;
(5) Interfere with the free passage of another.
(b) As used in this section:
(1) “Vehicle” has the same meaning as in Ohio R.C. 4501.01.
(2) “Public place” means any of the following:
A. A street, road, highway, thoroughfare, bikeway, walkway, sidewalk, bridge, alley, alleyway, plaza, park, driveway, parking lot or transportation facility;
B. A doorway or entrance way to a building that fronts on a place described in subsection (b)(2)A. hereof;
C. A place not described in subsection (b)(2)A. or B. hereof that is open to the public.
(c) Whoever violates subsection (a) hereof is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation, a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(Ord. 32-02. Passed 9-3-02.)