Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Deadline for action. The city shall approve or deny a small wireless facility permit application within 90 days after filing of such application or within any timeline established by state law. The small wireless facility permit, and any associated building permit application, shall be deemed approved if the city fails to approve or deny the application within the review periods established in this section.
(B) Consolidated applications.
(1) An applicant may file a consolidated small wireless facility permit application addressing the proposed collocation of up to 15 small wireless facilities, or a greater number if agreed to by a local government unit, provided that all small wireless facilities in the application:
(a) Are located within a two-mile radius;
(b) Consist of substantially similar equipment; and
(c) Are to be placed on similar types of wireless support structures.
(2) In rendering a decision on a consolidated permit application, the city may approve some small wireless facilities and deny others, but may not use denial of one or more permits as a basis to deny all small wireless facilities in the application.
(C) Tolling of deadline. The 90-day deadline for action on a small wireless facility permit application may be tolled if:
(1) The city receives applications from one or more applicants seeking approval of permits for more than 30 small wireless facilities within a seven-day period. In such case, the city may extend the deadline for all such applications by 30 days by informing the affected applicants in writing of such extension.
(2) The applicant fails to submit all required documents or information and the city provides written notice of incompleteness to the applicant within 30 days of receipt the application. Upon submission of additional documents or information, the city shall have ten days to notify the applicant in writing of any still-missing information.
(3) The city and a small wireless facility applicant agree in writing to toll the review period.
(Ord. 2021-01, passed 3-8-2021)