Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Information required. Registration shall be requested on an application form produced by the city. The information provided to the city at the time of registration shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Each registrant’s name, Gopher One Call registration certificate number, address and email address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers.
(2) The name, address, and email address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers of a local representative. The local representative or designee shall be available at all times. Current information regarding how to contact the local representative in an emergency shall be provided at the time of registration.
(3) A certificate of insurance or self-insurance:
(a) Verifying that an insurance policy has been issued to the registrant by an insurance company licensed to do business in the State of Minnesota, or a form of self-insurance acceptable to the city;
(b) Verifying that the registrant is insured against claims for personal injury, including death, as well as claims for property damage arising out of the:
1. Use and occupancy of the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees, and permittees; and
2. Placement and use of facilities and equipment in the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees, and permittees, including, but not limited to, protection against liability arising from completed operations, damage of underground facilities, and collapse of property;
(c) Naming the city as an additional insured as to whom the coverages required herein are in force and applicable and for whom defense will be provided as to all such coverages;
(d) Requiring that the city be notified 30 days in advance of cancellation of the policy or material modification of a coverage term; and
(e) Indicating comprehensive liability coverage, automobile liability coverage, workers’ compensation and umbrella coverage established by the city in amounts sufficient to protect the city and the public and to carry out the purposes and policies of this chapter.
(f) The city may require a copy of the actual insurance policies.
(g) If the person is a corporation, a copy of the certificate is required to be filed under state law as recorded and certified to by the Secretary of State.
(h) A copy of the person’s order granting a certificate of authority from the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission or other authorization or approval from the applicable state or federal agency to lawfully operate, where the person is lawfully required to have such authorization or approval from said Commission or other state or federal agency.
(4) Any other information deemed necessary by the City Engineer deemed necessary to adequately protect the health, safety, and welfare of the city.
(B) Notice of changes. The registrant shall keep all of the information listed above current at all times by providing to the city information as to changes within 15 days following the date on which the registrant has knowledge of any change.
(Ord. 2021-01, passed 3-8-2021)