Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager is hereby authorized to administratively establish and charge a fee for provision of a lien search and report. This authorization specifically applies to requests for searches and reports with regard to debts owed to the city for any of the following:
(1) Code compliance penalties, fines, fees, costs and interest;
(2) Water, sewer and reclaimed water utility charges, rates, fees, costs and interest;
(3) Recyclable materials and solid waste penalties, charges, rates, fees, costs and interest;
(4) Permit fees, penalties, fines, costs and interest owed to the city pursuant to the building codes or land development regulations adopted by the city;
(5) Principal, interest, fees and costs owed to the city resulting from loans or other assistance provided by the city;
(6) Rates, fees, costs and interest owed to the city resulting from pre-annexation agreements or municipal services agreements or both; and
(7) Fees, costs, fines, penalties and interest due to the city resulting from security alarm system regulations.
(B) At the discretion of the City Manager, the City Manager is further authorized to use a vendor (as opposed to city staff) to provide the necessary services for a lien search and report. The City Manager is authorized to establish and charge a fee in an amount necessary to hold the taxpayers harmless from the reasonable costs incurred for provision of a lien search and report. In no event, however, will the lien search and report fee exceed $100 for each search conducted and report provided. Said fee will be due and payable to the city in advance of the provision of the lien search and report to the requesting person or entity.
(Ord. 1629, passed 9-3-20)