Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In addition to other acts required by law or by specific provisions of this charter to be done by ordinance, those acts of the City Commission shall be by ordinance which:
1. Adopt an administrative code or establish, alter, or abolish any City department, office or agency.
2. Provide for a fine or other penalty or establish a rule or regulation for violation of which a fine or other penalty is imposed;
3. Levy taxes, except as otherwise provided, in accordance with State law;
4. Grant, renew or extend a franchise;
5. Establish the rates charged for its services by City-owned utilities;
6. Convey or lease or authorize the conveyance or lease of any lands of the City;
7. Adopt with or without amendment ordinances proposed under initiative power;
8. Amend or repeal any ordinance previously adopted, except as otherwise provided in Article XIV with respect to repeal of ordinances reconsidered under the referendum power.
(Amendment approved by voters 9- l-87; amendment approved by voters 11-4-92; amendment approved by voters 11-8-94; amendment approved by voters 8-14-12)