Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Code Hearing Unit shall consist of a Hearing Officer, administrative assistant and recording secretary. The function of the code hearing unit shall be to expedite the prosecution and correction of violations of the Lake County ordinances defined in § 94.52, as they may be amended. Charges of ordinance violations are to be heard and adjudicated by a Hearing Officer.
(B) The Hearing Officer has the following powers and duties:
(1) Hearing testimony and accepting evidence that is relevant to the existence of the ordinance violation;
(2) Issuing subpoenas directing witnesses to appear and give relevant testimony at the hearing or for the production of relevant documents, upon the request of the parties or their representatives;
(3) Preserving and authenticating the record of the hearing and all exhibits and evidence introduced at the hearing;
(4) Issuing a determination, based on the evidence presented at the hearing, of whether an ordinance violation existed at the time of citation, which shall be in writing and shall include written findings of fact, a decision, and order including the fine, penalty, or action with which the respondent must comply; and
(5) Imposing penalties as specified in § 94.59 and the applicable Lake County ordinance, as they may be amended, and assessing costs upon finding a party liable for the charged violation.
(Ord. 12-0447, passed 5-8-2012; Ord. 13-0739, passed 7-9-2013)