Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) County Board action.
(1) In order to promote the public health, safety, comfort, and general welfare, the County Board may from time to time amend the regulations imposed by this chapter.
(2) These amendments shall not be adopted without the advice of the County Engineer.
(B) Standards for amendments. Amendments to this chapter shall demonstrate compliance with the following standards:
(1) The proposed amendment to this chapter shall state in particular the chapter, section, subdivision, paragraph, sentence, and word sought to be amended.
(2) The proposed amendment shall contain the specific language of the proposed amendment and shall recite the specific reasons for such a change.
(3) The proposed amendment shall be consistent with the intent and purpose of this chapter and with its various rules, regulations, and specifications.
(4) The proposed amendment shall not be detrimental to the safety, operation, or capacity of a county highway.
(5) The proposed amendment shall in no manner limit, restrict, alter, diminish, or unduly impede the county in its, or the County Engineer in his or her, statutory authority as it relates to county highways.
(Ord. 19-1061, passed 7-9-2019)