Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The duties of the Road Commissioner shall be to coordinate and supervise maintenance of the City-owned roads along with other public roads within the City boundaries as permitted by law.
(b) The Road Commissioner duties shall include:
(1) Arranging for appropriate maintenance of the City-owned roads along with other public roads within the City boundaries, as permitted by law, subject to Chapter 208 regarding contracts, purchasing and sale of City property;
(2) Acting as the City of Lake Angelus delegate and/or representative for meetings and communications with the officials of neighboring municipalities, road department agencies and state and federal agencies regarding road maintenance projects or other road-related matters;
(3) Provide reports as requested by the Mayor or City Council regarding the status of road matters and road activities and appear, as requested by City Council, at City Council meetings;
(4) Provide information and assistance to the City Treasurer regarding road matters which may affect the annual budget to be adopted by City Council consistent with Chapter VII of the Charter; and
(5) Perform such other tasks or assignments which may be requested by the Mayor or City Council resolution.
(Ord. 123. Passed 11-15-11.)