Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE No. 5-88
AN ORDINANCE APPROVING, ADOPTING AND ENACTING THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF LAGRANGE, KENTUCKY
WHEREAS, the City of LaGrange is authorized by KRS 83A.060(5) to adopt a codification of local legislation by reference; and
WHEREAS, the City of LaGrange has created a codification of legislation covering the following subjects:
Title I : General Provisions
Title III : Administration
Title V : Public Works
Title VII : Traffic Code
Title IX : General Regulations
Title XI : Business Regulations
Title XIII : General Offenses
Title XV : Land Usage
TSO : Tables of Special Ordinances
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY OF LAGRANGE, KENTUCKY, as follows:
(1) That the ordinances of the City of LaGrange, Kentucky, of a general and permanent nature, as prepared by the American Legal Publishing Co. and copyrighted 1987 and as attached hereto and made a part of this ordinance as if fully copied herein, are hereby approved, adopted and enacted as the Code of Ordinances of the City of LaGrange, Kentucky.
(2) A copy of the Code of Ordinances, as adopted, shall accompany this ordinance and shall be made a part of the permanent records of the City pursuant to KRS 83A.060(5).
(3) The Codified Ordinances contain all of the provisions of a general and permanent nature pertaining to the subjects therein enumerated and embraced. All prior ordinances and parts of ordinances in force on 16 June, 1988 which are incorporated in or pertain to the subject enumerated and embraced in this Code of Ordinances are hereby repealed prospectively as of 16 June, 1988.
(4) The repeal of ordinances as provided in section (3) hereof, however, shall not affect:
(a) Any ordinance of a temporary nature, or any ordinance pertaining to subjects not enumerated and embraced in the Code of Ordinances;
(b) Any offense or act committed or done, or any penalty or forfeiture incurred, or any contract or right established or accruing before 16 June, 1988.
(c) Any ordinance or resolution promising or guaranteeing the payment of money to or by the City, authorizing the issuance of any bond or notes of the City, or any other evidence of City indebtedness, or any contract or obligation assumed by the City;
(d) Any right or franchise conferred by any ordinance or resolution to any person or corporation;
(e) Any ordinance levying or imposing taxes, assessments, or charges;
(f) Any prosecution, suit, or other proceeding pending, or any judgment rendered on or prior to 16 June, 1988; or
(g) Any ordinance which may be adopted by this City after 16 June, 1988.
(5) This Ordinance shall forthwith be published in accordance with KRS 83A.060(9) and shall become effective as of 16 June, 1988.
5/2/88 Passed on lst reading
6/6/88 Adopted on 2nd reading
6/8/88 Signed by Mayor
Published in full
Recorded by Clerk
John W. Black /s/
Mary W. Thomas /s/