Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall:
(1) Recklessly sell, lend, give or furnish any firearm to any person prohibited by Ohio R.C. 2923.13 or 2923.15, or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance, from acquiring or using any firearm, or recklessly sell, lend, give or furnish any dangerous ordnance to any person prohibited by Ohio R.C. 2923.13, 2923.15 or 2923.17, or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance, from acquiring or using any dangerous ordnance;
(2) Possess any firearm or dangerous ordnance with purpose to dispose of it in violation of subsection (a)(1) of this section;
(3) Manufacture, possess for sale, sell, or furnish to any person other than a law enforcement agency for authorized use in police work, any brass knuckles, cestus, billy, blackjack, sandbag, switchblade knife, springblade knife, gravity knife, or similar weapon;
(4) When transferring any dangerous ordnance to another, negligently fail to require the transferee to exhibit such identification, license, or permit showing him or her to be authorized to acquire dangerous ordnance pursuant to Ohio R.C. 2923.17, or negligently fail to take a complete record of the transaction and forthwith forward a copy of the record to the sheriff of the county or Safety Director or Police Chief of the municipality where the transaction takes place;
(5) Knowingly fail to report to law enforcement authorities forthwith the loss or theft of any firearm or dangerous ordnance in the person's possession and under his or her control.
(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of unlawful transactions in weapons. A violation of subsection (a)(1) or (2) of this section is a felony to be prosecuted under appropriate state law. A violation of subsection (a)(3) or (4) of this section is a misdemeanor of the second degree. A violation of subsection (a)(5) of this section is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.