Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Establishment. There is hereby established the office of Zoning Administrator.
(B) Duties. The Zoning Administrator shall administer and enforce this chapter, and in addition thereto and in furtherance of his or her authority, he or she shall:
(1) Examine and approve an application pertaining to the use of land or structures when the application conforms with the provisions of this chapter;
(2) Issue zoning certificates, and make and maintain records thereof;
(3) Issue occupancy certificates and make and maintain records thereof;
(4) Supervise inspections of structures and uses of land to determine compliance with the terms of this chapter, and where there are violations, initiate action to secure compliance;
(5) Receive from the Village Clerk and file and forward to the Planning and Zoning Commission all applications and petitions for appeals, variations, amendments, special use permits, planned developments or for other matters on which the Planning and Zoning Commission is required to pass under this chapter;
(6) Maintain permanent and current records of this chapter, including but not limited to maps, amendments, the rules of practice and procedure of the Planning and Zoning Commission variations, appeals and applications therefor, and records of hearings thereon, including the recording of district amendments and special uses on the Zoning District Map; and maintain all zoning records which are a part of the administration of this chapter;
(7) Decide or make recommendations on all other matters under this chapter upon which the Zoning Administrator is required to act;
(8) Initiate, direct and review from time to time, a study of the provisions of this chapter and make reports of his or her recommendations to the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Village Board not less frequently than annually;
(9) Assist the Planning and Zoning Commission and Village Board in the development of proposed amendments to the provisions of this title as may be necessary from time to time;
(10) Publish periodically this chapter or changes thereto including the Zoning District Map; and
(11) Provide and maintain public information service relative to matters arising out of this chapter.
(C) Salary. The Zoning Administrator shall receive as compensation for all of his or her services, a salary for a fiscal year in an amount to be determined by the Village Board from time to time.
(1983 Code, § 9-13-2) (Ord. 09-07, passed 9-8-2009)
Additional responsibilities of Zoning Administrator, see Chapter 152 of this Code of Ordinances