Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Outdoor sales and curb services sales.
(1) No outdoor sale of alcoholic liquor shall be carried on in connection with premises for which a license has been granted for the sale of alcoholic liquor.
(2) No curb service sale of alcoholic liquor may be carried on in connection with premises on which a license has been granted for the sale of alcoholic liquor unless:
(a) The premises has a window or other opening out of which or through which the sales of alcoholic liquor may be made;
(b) No alcoholic liquor may be sold for consumption on the premises for which a license has been granted for the sale of alcoholic liquor, for consumption on adjacent premises, or for consumption on any public areas, including but not limited to the street;
(c) Curb service sales shall cease at least one hour prior to the normal closing time of the premises for which a license has been granted for the sale of alcoholic liquor; and
(d) A sign of sufficient size to be easily readable shall be posted at the window or other opening which shall notify the public of the early cessation of curb service sales.
(B) Orderliness required. Every licensee hereunder shall at all times keep a good and orderly house and it shall be unlawful for any such licensee to keep a noisy, disorderly and ill-governed house in any place where the licensee is doing business under the license.
(C) Peddling prohibited. It shall be unlawful to peddle alcoholic liquor in the village.
(D) Permitting gambling on premises where sold; license subject to revocation.
(1) Whoever being licensed hereunder shall, in or upon any premises described in the license, suffer or permit any person to play for money or other valuable thing at any cards, dice, checks or with any other article or instrument or thing whatsoever which may be used for the purpose of playing or betting upon or winning or losing money or other thing or article of value, or shall suffer or permit any person to bet on any game others may be playing, or shall keep or suffer to be kept in or upon the premises any implements such as are used in gambling in order that the same may for hire, gain or reward be used for the purpose of gaming for money or other property, or who suffers any person to play at any unlawful game or sport therein, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. However, video gaming and video gaming terminals may be allowed on the premises pursuant to 230 ILCS 40/1 et seq., the regulations of the Illinois Gaming Board and the provisions of this municipal code.
(2) Whoever, being licensed hereunder, shall be convicted of a violation of this section shall have his or her license revoked.
(E) Soliciting drinks. It shall be unlawful for any person of either sex to solicit, appeal to, ask or invite another person of the opposite sex, theretofore to him or her unacquainted, to purchase for, procure for or give to that person, a drink of intoxicating liquor, as herein defined, in any premises licensed hereunder. It shall be unlawful for any person licensed hereunder to sell intoxicating liquor or any employee thereof who shall suffer or permit any person to solicit, appeal to, ask or invite another person of the opposite sex, theretofore to the person unacquainted, to purchase for, procure for or give to any such person any intoxicating liquor as herein defined.
(F) Dram shop insurance. Every licensee shall at all times maintain a valid dram shop insurance policy within maximum insurance coverage limits. Each licensee shall provide the Village President with a valid certificate of insurance at the time of license application or for renewal thereof. The licensee shall cause a provision added to the policy requiring the insurance carrier to give the village 30 days prior notice of the cancellation or nonrenewal of the policy.
(1983 Code, § 3-2A-11)
(G) Sexual conduct and nudity/semi-nudity prohibited.
(1) No licensee or his or her agent or employee shall allow or permit any person to perform, or simulate the performance of, acts of:
(a) Sexual intercourse, masturbation, sodomy, bestiality, oral copulation, flagellation or any sexual acts which are prohibited by law;
(b) The actual or simulated touching, caressing or fondling of the breast, buttocks, anus or genitals;
(c) The actual or simulated displaying of the pubic hair, anus, vulva or genitals;
(d) The actual or simulated displaying of the breast so as to expose the nipple, or any part of the areola of the female breast; and/or
(e) The displaying of films or pictures depicting acts, a live performance of which is prohibited by (a), (b), (c) or (d) above.
(2) No licensee or his or her agent or employee shall allow or permit any person to remain in or upon the licensed premises who exposes to public view any portion of his or her genitals or anus.
(3) Nudity and semi-nudity are prohibited.
(a) No person or entity licensed under the provisions of this chapter, or any agent, officer or employee of any such person or entity, shall knowingly allow or otherwise participate in any kind of agreement or arrangement which allows or requires any person to appear before or amidst the public in attendance at any establishment to which the license has been issued, in the nude or in any kind of apparel which as worn or by virtue of its design, fit or material, makes visible or tends to make visible all or any portion of the person’s:
2. Pubic hair or pubic hair region;
3. Anus and/or anal crevice; and
4. If such person is a female, her breasts at, below and including the areola.
(b) No person shall appear or enter into any kind of agreement or arrangement which allows or requires the person to appear before or amidst the public in attendance at an establishment licensed under the provisions of this chapter, in the nude or in apparel such as that described in division (A) hereof.
(4) Any person or entity licensed under the provisions of this chapter, or any agent, officer or employee of any such person or entity, who violates any provision of this section shall have his or her license revoked or suspended.
(Ord. 86-1, passed - -; Ord. 94-3, passed - -; Ord. 04-3, passed 1-5-2004; Ord. 12-17, passed 11-5-2012) Penalty, see § 112.99