Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Village Treasurer shall have the following duties as described in Public Act 3 of 1895, Ch. 4, being M.C.L.A. § 64.1 to 64.21, being the Village Charter:
(1) Has custody of and receives all village money, bonds, mortgages, notes, leases, and evidence of value;
(2) Keeps an account of all receipts and expenditures;
(3) Collects and keeps an account of all taxes and money appropriations, keeping a separate account of each fund;
(4) Performs duties relating to levying taxes; and
(5) Makes periodic reports to the Clerk and Council as required by law.
(B) (1) In addition to those statutory duties and responsibilities as set forth in Public Act 3 of 1895,being M.C.L.A. § 61.1 to 75.12, the Council may establish further duties and responsibilities for the Village Treasurer as may be from time to time set forth by Council.
(2) The statutory duties and responsibilities may be supplemented by those duties and responsibilities created by the Village Council by resolution or as set forth in any “job description” created and approved by Council.
(Ord. 18-2001-R, passed 11-5-2001)