Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. An annual budget calendar shall be established and observed, as outlined in subsection B of this section.
B. To ensure adequate time is provided near the end of a given fiscal year to permit thorough review by the city commission of the following year's budget proposal, a formal budget calendar containing intermediate milestones or deadlines will be adopted as follows:
1. Meetings of the planning and zoning commission to address long term capital improvement plan (October - February).
2. Issuance of budget request instructions and forms by the city treasurer - January 1.
3. Return of completed budget request forms by department heads to the city treasurer - February 15.
4. Development of initial revenue estimates by the city treasurer - March 1.
5. Completion of utility rate structure analysis - March 15.
6. Submission of first draft of budget proposal by the city treasurer to the city manager - April 1.
7. Working sessions with the city commission (April - May).
8. Presentation of the city manager's proposed budget to the city commission - May 16 (legal deadline June 1).
9. Public hearing on proposed budget - June (legal deadline June 15).
10. Final adoption of approved budget - June (legal deadline June 24). (Ord. 896, 11-8-2004)