Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The developer shall provide the Building Official of the town with three sets of drawings and specifications for approval. He shall provide the Public Services Director with two copies.
(B) Every effort shall be made by the Utilities Division to approve drawings and specifications within 30 days.
(C) The plans shall include, as a minimum:
(1) A diagram of the project drawn to a scale of at least one inch equals 50 feet and submitted on 22-inch by 36-inch paper;
(2) A topographical survey of the right-of-way required by the Utilities Division;
(3) All proposed work, including affected streets and underground utilities;
(4) The location of water lines, valves, hydrants and miscellaneous fittings with regard to existing topography of the centerline of the right-of-way;
(5) The location of all points at which water lines cross culverts or sewers with an indication of the size and invert of existing pipe line and ground elevations;
(6) Location of all proposed water services;
(7) Location and method of connection to existing water system; and
(8) Engineer’s seal.
(D) The specifications shall include as a minimum:
(1) A list of materials and construction methods to be used;
(2) A procedure for testing and chlorination of the line; and
(3) A letter of approval from the North Carolina Department of Environment, Health and Natural Resources.
(Ord. passed - - ; Am. Ord. 12-14, passed 5-23-12)