Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following offices of the government of the village are concerned with the administration of this title:
A. The Village Board: The village board is vested with the following responsibilities in regard to subdivision control: (Ord. 99-O-791, 6-7-1999)
1. Approval or disapproval of all preliminary plans and final plats referred to it by the plan commission/board of appeals.
2. Approval or disapproval of all variations and exceptions after recommendation by the plan commission/board of appeals.
3. Amendment of the regulations of this title when found necessary and desirable after recommendation by the plan commission/board of appeals. (Ord. 99-O-791, 6-7-1999; amd. Ord. 05-O-942, 11-7-2005)
4. Initiation of appropriate proceedings to enforce the provisions of this title.
B. The Village Administrator: The village administrator shall have the following duties:
1. Collection of applications and plans.
2. Administration of regulations of this title.
3. Coordination of professional consultants and other agencies.
4. Staff liaison to the village board.
C. The Village Clerk: The village clerk shall have the following duties:
1. Maintain permanent and current records of this subdivision title, including amendments hereto. (Ord. 99-O-791, 6-7-1999)
D. The Village Plan Commission/Board Of Appeals: The plan commission/board of appeals shall have the following duties: (Ord. 99-O-791, 6-7-1999; amd. Ord. 05-O-942, 11-7-2005)
1. Review preliminary plats and forward with recommendations to the village board.
2. Review final plats, check their compliance with the preliminary plan and forward with recommendations to the village board.
3. Make all other determinations required by the regulations herein.
E. The Village Engineer: The village engineer shall:
1. Review all preliminary subdivision plans and make determinations in the areas of design standards and engineering specifications, as stipulated herein.
2. Review all final subdivision plans and check for compliance with the preliminary plat.
3. Inspect all improvements required by this title both during construction and after completion to ensure compliance with this title and with good construction practice, and other inspections as determined by the village administrator.
F. The Village Planner:
1. The village planner shall review all preliminary and final subdivision plans and make recommendations, as stipulated herein, and as determined by the village administrator.
2. The village planner, and/or representatives of the village planner's office, shall inspect all wetland mitigation actions as required to ensure compliance with ordinances.
G. Conflict Of Interest: Village officials and consultants may not be retained by a subdivider to perform work in their professional capacities in any subdivision within the village without the expressed written approval of the village board. Village officials and consultants shall act in accordance with title 1, chapter 14 of this code. Any interest in conflict or potentially in conflict shall be noted in writing to the village board. (Ord. 99-O-791, 6-7-1999)