The legality of the use of a property being used as a Rooming and Boarding House should be established in one of the two following ways:
   (a)   The issuance of a zoning permit by the City of Kent indicating that the property is approved as a rooming and boarding house; or
   (b)   The issuance of a Certificate of Nonconforming Use by the City of Kent in accordance with Chapter 1169 (Nonconforming Uses) of the Kent Zoning Code and any other applicable section of the Kent Zoning Code.  There mere existence of a use, without proper documentation as described herein, does not establish the legality of the use by itself.  (Ord. 2015-80.  Passed 4-15-15.)