Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Application for a permit shall contain, and will be considered complete only upon compliance with the requirements of the following provisions:
(A) Submission of a completed permit application form, including all required attachments, scaled drawings showing the location and area of the proposed project and the location of all known existing and proposed facilities, and the following information:
(1) Each permittee’s name, gopher one-call registration certificate number, address and e-mail address if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers.
(2) The name, address and e-mail address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers of a local representative. The local representative or designee shall be available at all times. Current information regarding how to contact the local representative in an emergency shall be provided at the time of registration.
(3) A certificate of insurance or self-insurance:
(a) Verifying that an insurance policy has been issued to the registrant by an insurance company licensed to do business in the state, or a form of self-insurance acceptable to the city;
(b) Verifying that the registrant is insured against claims for personal injury, including death, as well as claims for property damage arising out of the use and occupancy of the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees, and permittees, and placement and use of facilities and equipment in the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees, and permittees, including, but not limited to, protection against liability arising from completed operations, damage of underground facilities, and collapse of property;
(c) Naming the city as an additional insured as to whom the coverages required herein are in force and applicable and for whom defense will be provided as to all coverages;
(d) Requiring that the city be notified 30 days in advance of cancellation of the policy or material modification of a coverage term;
(e) Indicating comprehensive liability coverage, automobile liability coverage, workers compensation and umbrella coverage established by the city in amounts sufficient to protect the city and the public and to carry out the purposes and policies of this chapter.
(4) The city may require a copy of the actual insurance policies.
(5) If the person is a corporation, a copy of the certificate of incorporation issued by the Secretary of State pursuant to M.S. § 302A.155.
(6) A copy of the person's order granting a certificate of authority from the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission or other applicable state or federal agency, where the person is lawfully required to have the certificate from the Commission or other state or federal agency.
(B) A Small Wireless Facility Permit applicant may file a consolidated Small Wireless Permit Application to collocate up to 15 small wireless facilities provided that all the small wireless facilities in the application:
(1) Are located within a two-mile radius;
(2) Consist of substantially similar equipment; and
(3) Are to be placed on similar types of wireless support structures.
(C) Payment of money due the city for:
(1) Permit fees as established by the Ordinance Establishing Fees and Charges adopted pursuant to § 30.11 of this code, as that ordinance may be amended from time to time, estimated restoration costs and other management costs including inspections;
(2) Prior obstructions or excavations;
(3) Any undisputed loss, damage, or expense suffered by the city because of the applicant's prior excavations or obstructions of the rights-of-way or any emergency actions taken by the city; or
(4) Franchise fees or other charges as established by the Ordinance Establishing Fees and Charges adopted pursuant to § 30.11 of this code, as that ordinance may be amended from time to time, if applicable.