Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall encumber any street, sidewalk, or right-of-way. No owner, occupant, or person having the care of any building or lot of land, bordering on any street, sidewalk, or right-of-way shall permit it to be encumbered with barrels, boxes, cans, articles, or substances of any kind, so as to interfere with the free and unobstructed use thereof.
(B) Except for the actions of the city employees and contractors carrying out their duties, no person shall:
(1) Obstruct any street or sidewalk by depositing snow or ice thereon;
(2) Dig any holes in any street, sidewalk or right-of-way;
(3) Remove any earth, gravel, or rock from any street, sidewalk or right-of-way;
(4) Obstruct any ditch draining any street or drain any noisome materials into any ditch;
(5) Deface, mar, damage, or tamper with any structure, work, material, equipment, tools, signs, markers, signals, paving, guardrails, drains or any other highway appurtenance on or along any street, sidewalk or right-of-way.
(6) Remove, injure, displace, or destroy right-of-way markers, or reference or witness monuments, or markers placed to preserve section or quarter-section corners;
(7) Drive over, through, or around any barricade, fence, or obstruction erected for the purpose of preventing traffic from passing over a portion of a street or sidewalk closed to public travel or to remove, deface, or damage any such barricade, fence or obstruction.
Penalty, see § 10.99