Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) By contract or by City personnel, supplements to these Codified Ordinances shall be prepared and printed whenever authorized or directed by Council. A supplement to these Codified Ordinances shall include all substantive permanent and general parts of ordinances passed by Council or adopted by initiative and referendum during the period covered by the supplement and all changes made thereby to these Codified Ordinances, and shall also include all amendments to the Charter during the period. The pages of a supplement shall be so numbered that they will fit properly into these Codified Ordinances and will, where necessary, replace pages which have become obsolete or partially obsolete, and the new pages shall be prepared so that, when they have been inserted, these Codified Ordinances will be current through the date of the adoption of the latest ordinance included in the supplement.
(b) In preparing a supplement to these Codified Ordinances, portions of these Codified Ordinances which have been repealed shall be so indicated by the codifier (meaning the person, agency or organization authorized to prepare the supplement) by use of an editor's note detailing how such portion was repealed.
(c) When preparing a supplement to these Codified Ordinances, the codifier may make formal, nonsubstantive changes in ordinances and parts of ordinances included in the supplement, insofar as it is necessary to do so to embody them into these Codified Ordinances. For example, the codifier may:
(1) Organize the ordinance material into appropriate chapters, sections, subsections and other subdivisions;
(2) Provide appropriate catchlines, headings and titles for chapters, sections, subsections and other subdivisions of these Codified Ordinances printed in the supplement, and make changes thereto;
(3) Assign appropriate numbers to chapters, sections and other subdivisions to be inserted in these Codified Ordinances, and, where necessary to accommodate new material, change existing chapter, section or other subdivision numbers;
(4) Change the words "this ordinance" or words of the same meaning to "this chapter", "this section" or "this subsection," etc., as the case may be, or to "sections ___ to ___" (inserting section numbers to indicate the sections of these Codified Ordinances which embody the substantive sections of the ordinance incorporated into these Codified Ordinances); and
(5) Make other nonsubstantive changes necessary to preserve the original meaning of ordinance sections inserted into these Codified Ordinances, but in no case shall the codifier make any change in the meaning or effect of ordinance material included in the supplement or already embodied in these Codified Ordinances, except as otherwise provided by the City.