Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Establishment. The city hereby establishes the office of the City Clerk.
(B) Combination with other office. The office of City Clerk may, by ordinance, be combined with any other nonelected city office by inclusion of the title and duties of such office.
(C) Duties and powers. The duties and responsibilities of the Clerk shall include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Maintenance and safekeeping of the permanent records of the city;
(2) Performance of the duties required of the "official custodian" or "custodian" pursuant to KRS 61.870 through 61.882, and Chapter 34 of this code;
(3) Possession of the seal of the city if used;
(4) Act as tax collector pursuant to § 37.04(A).
(5) No later than January 31 of each year, mail to the Department for Local Government, a list containing current city information including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) The correct name of the Mayor, legislative body members, and the following appointed officials who are serving as of January 1 of each year:
1. City Clerk;
2. City Treasurer;
3. City Manager;
4. City Attorney;
5. Finance Director;
6. Police Chief;
7. Fire Chief; and
8. Public Works Director
(b) The correct name of the city, mailing address for City Hall, and telephone number of City Hall; and
(c) The name and telephone number of either an elected or appointed official to serve as a contact person that may be reached during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(6) Performance of any other duties and responsibilities required of the City Clerk by statute or ordinance.
(D) Compensation. Compensation shall be in the amount as established by the City Council from time to time as set forth in § 31.02.
(E) Oath and bond. No person shall be appointed or act as the City Clerk unless such person has taken the oath required by Section 228 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and has provided bond, if required, with corporate surety authorized to transact business in Kentucky and conditioned upon the performance of the duties specified herein.
(Ord. 2000-0-13, passed 8-7-00; Am. Ord. 2000-0-14, passed 8-7-00)