Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Application for registration shall be made on a form supplied by the City and filed with the Community Development Department, which shall include at least the following information:
(1) The address of the residential rental property or residential rental unit being licensed.
(2) The names, addresses and telephone numbers of all owners of the residential rental structure or residential rental unit.
(3) The number of residential rental structures at each site and the address of and number of residential rental units in the residential rental structure.
(4) An authorization appointing a responsible local agent signed by both the owner and the responsible local agent, if the owner lives more than 30 miles from the City of Howell.
(5) The name, local address and telephone number of the responsible local agent, if the owner lives more than 30 miles from the City of Howell.
(6) Water affidavit or release of responsibility for water service payment naming the person responsible for payment of water and sanitary sewer service for the residential rental structure or residential rental unit.
(b) The owner shall provide the following items along with the registration application:
(1) A site plan or survey, drawn to scale, showing the details of the property, including all structures and parking areas on the site.
(2) A complete floor plan of the property, drawn to scale, showing all rooms and areas in the structure.
(3) Photographs of all sides of the building and of the parking areas on the property.
(c) A registration fee, as established by City Council resolution, shall be assessed for each residential rental unit.
(d) No post office box will be accepted as a legal address. A post office box, however, may be accepted as a mailing address upon written request of the owner. The owner shall be responsible for notifying the City of any change of address of either the owner or the responsible local agent.
(e) Once approved, and following required inspections, the Building Official shall issue to the owner a certificate of registration.
(Ord. 792. Passed 1-8-07; Ord. 819. Passed 5-4-09; Ord. 932. Passed 3-9-20.)