Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this article, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
CLASSES OF WATER. The following classes of water uses are established:
(1) CLASS 1. Water used for outdoor watering, either public or private, for gardens, lawns, trees, shrubs, plants, parks, golf courses, playing fields, swimming pools or other recreational area; or the washing of motor vehicles, boats, trailers or the exterior of any building or structure.
(2) CLASS 2. Water used for any commercial or industrial, including agricultural, purposes; except water actually necessary to maintain the health and personal hygiene of bona fide employees while such employees are engaged in the performance of their duties at their place of employment.
(3) CLASS 3. Domestic usage, other than that which would be included in either Classes 1 or 2.
(4) CLASS 4. Water necessary only to sustain human life and the lives of domestic pets and maintain standards of hygiene and sanitation.
CUSTOMER. The customer of record using water for any purpose from the city’s water distribution system and for which either a regular charge is made or, in the case of coin sales, a cash charge is made at the site of delivery.
WASTE OF WATER. Includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Permitting water to escape down a gutter, ditch or other surface drain; or
(2) Failure to repair a controllable leak of water due to defective plumbing.
WATER. Water available to the city for treatment by virtue of its water rights or any treated water introduced by the city into its water distribution system, including water offered for sale at any coin- operated site.