Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city will issue a license unless:
(1) The applicant has made a false statement on the application or submits false records or documentation; or
(2) Any owners, principal officer, or board member of the applicant is under the age of 21 years; or
(3) Any owner, principal officer, or board member of the applicant has been convicted of a violent felony offense in the previous ten years in any jurisdiction; or
(4) The proposed location does not meet the applicable zoning requirements under Title XV; or
(5) The proposed location does not meet all location requirements under SDCL § 34-20G and the administrative rules promulgated thereunder; or
(6) The license is to be used for a business prohibited by state or local law, statute, rule, ordinance, or regulation; or
(7) Any owner, principal officer, or board member of the applicant has had a cannabis establishment license revoked by the city or a registration certificate revoked by the state; or
(8) An applicant, or an owner, principal officer, or board member thereof, is overdue in payment to the city of taxes, fees, fines, or penalties assessed against or imposed upon the applicant in relation to any cannabis establishment; or
(9) The applicant will not be operating the business for which the license would be issued.
(B) In the case of an application for a cannabis dispensary license, the city will reject the application if the limit on the number of cannabis dispensaries has been reached.
(C) The license must be posted in a conspicuous place at or near the entrance to the cannabis establishment so that it may be easily read at any time.
(Ord. 1236, passed 10-4-2021)