Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) This chapter sets forth uniform requirements for direct and indirect contributors into the waste water collection and treatment system for the city and enables the city to comply with all applicable state and federal laws required by the Clean Water Act of 1977, being Pub. Law No. 95-217 and the general pretreatment regulations (40 C.F.R. part 403).
(B) The objectives to this chapter are:
(1) To the municipal waste water system which will interfere with the operation of the system or contaminate the resulting sludge;
(2) To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the municipal waste water system which will pass through the system inadequately treated into receiving waters so as to cause violations of the city’s KPDES permit or the atmosphere or otherwise be incompatible with the system;
(3) To improve the opportunity to recycle and reclaim waste waters and sludges from the system;
(4) To provide for equitable distribution of the cost of the municipal waste water system;
(5) Provide for the safety of the treatment plant employees; and
(6) To ensure that the municipality complies with its KPDES or non-discharge permit conditions, sludge permit conditions, including use and disposal requirements and any other federal or state environmental laws to which the municipal waste water system is subject.
(C) This chapter provides for the regulation of direct and indirect contribution to the municipal waste water system through the issuance of permits to certain non-domestic users and through enforcement of general requirements for the other users, authorizes monitoring and enforcement activities, requires user reporting and provides for the setting of fees for the equitable distribution of costs resulting from the program established herein.
(D) This chapter shall apply to the city and to persons outside the city who are, by contract or agreement with the city, users of the city publicly owned treatment works (POTW).
(E) Except as otherwise provided herein, the Superintendent shall administer, implement and enforce the provisions of this chapter.
(Ord. 2014-01, passed 6-9-2014)