(A)   For the purposes of this section, the term FIREWORKS is as defined in KRS 227.702.
   (B)   Each individual or entity desiring to sell fireworks within the city on a temporary basis, shall obtain a Temporary Business License from the Hillview Government Center. Said individual or entity shall complete an application and shall state thereon the dates of operation of the temporary business. Temporary businesses selling fireworks may operate for up to fourteen (14) days. Any structure erected for the sale or storage of fireworks on a temporary basis must be removed within three (3) days of the closure of the temporary business. A permanent business desiring to sell fireworks shall apply for a regular business license.
   (C)   The fee for said temporary license shall be one thousand dollars ($1,000).
   (D)   No license shall be issued by the city until all necessary inspections are complete and proof of compliance has been provided to the city.
   (E)   No license shall be issued until proof of liability insurance of at least one million dollars ($1,000,000) has been obtained and provided to the city by all temporary businesses selling fireworks.
   (F)   Each permanent and temporary business selling fireworks shall provide visibly marked parking, including handicapped accessible parking if otherwise required by law. Said required parking shall comply with the Bullitt County Planning and Zoning Regulations.
   (G)   Each permanent and temporary business selling fireworks shall submit a site plan to the city with dimensions stated thereon showing parking and proximity to other structures.
   (H)   Each permanent and temporary business selling fireworks shall abide by the regulations of the current edition of the National Fire Protection Association 1124 (NFPA 1124) in relation to distance between fireworks location and other structures.
   (I)   All permanent and temporary businesses selling fireworks shall at all times have posted signs prohibiting smoking on site and prohibiting the discharge of any explosive or fireworks on site. At least one sign shall be posted on each side of the structure or lot wherein hazardous materials are stored.
   (J)   Temporary businesses selling fireworks shall be exempt from remitting occupational tax to the city.
   (K)   All persons working at a permanent or temporary business selling fireworks shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older except that minors may work in said business if said minor is the child of the owner or manager of the business and works under his/her direct supervision.
   (L)   No fireworks may be sold to anyone under the age of eighteen (18).
   (M)   Any electrical work done on the premises of a permanent or temporary business selling fireworks shall be done to current code and must comply with all state, federal, and local laws.
   (N)   No person shall sleep in a tent or in the open on the site of a temporary business selling fireworks.
(Ord. 2016-04, passed 4-18-16)