Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A person seeking issuance of a parade permit shall file an application with the City Council on forms provided by such Council.
(B) Filing period. An application for a parade permit shall be filed with the City Council not less than one day or not more than sixty (60) days before the date on which it is proposed to conduct the parade, the application to be taken up at the next regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
(C) The application for parade permit shall set forth the following information:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the persons seeking to conduct such parade;
(2) If the parade is proposed to be conducted for, on behalf of, or by an organization, the name, address and telephone number of the headquarters of the organization, and of the authorized and responsible heads of such organization;
(3) The name, address and telephone number of the person who will be parade chairman and who will be responsible for its conduct;
(4) The date when the parade is to be conducted;
(5) The route to be traveled, the starting point and the termination point;
(6) The approximate number of persons who, and animals, if any, and vehicles which will constitute such parade, the type of animals, if any, and the description of the vehicles;
(7) The hours when such parade will start and terminate;
(8) A statement as to whether the parade will occupy all or only a portion of the width of the streets, sidewalk, park, or other public place proposed to be traversed;
(9) The location by street of any assembly area for such parade;
(10) The time at which units of the parade will begin to assemble at any such assembly area or areas;
(11) The interval of space to be maintained between units of such parade;
(12) If the parade is designed to be held by, and on behalf of or for, any person other than the applicant, the applicant for such permit shall file with the City Council a communication in writing from such person authorizing the applicant to apply for the permit on his behalf.
(13) Any additional information which the City Council shall find reasonably necessary to a fair determination as to whether a permit should issue.
(D) There shall be paid at the time of filing an application for a parade permit a fee of three dollars and fifty cents ($3.50).
(Ord. 76-3, passed 7-19-76)