Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city adopts an Anti-Displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan.
(B) The city will replace all occupied and vacant occupiable low/moderate income dwelling units demolished or converted to a use other than as provided under the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, and being 42 U.S.C. §§ 5301 et seq., as described in 24 C.F.R. § 570.495(a)(1).
(C) All replacement housing will be provided within three years of the commencement of the demolition or rehabilitation relating to conversion. Before obligating or expending funds that will directly result in such demolition or conversion, the city will make public and submit to the Office of Housing and Community Partnerships the following information in writing:
(1) A description of the proposed assisted activity;
(2) The general location on a map and approximate number of dwelling units by size (number of bedrooms) that will be demolished or converted to a use other than as low/moderate income dwelling units as a direct result of the assisted activity;
(3) A time schedule for the commencement and completion of the demolition or conversion;
(4) The general location on a map and approximate number of dwelling units by size (number of bedrooms) that will be provided as replacement dwelling units;
(5) The source of funding and a time schedule for the provision of replacement dwelling units;
(6) The basis for concluding that each replacement dwelling unit will remain a low/moderate dwelling unit for at least ten years from the date of initial occupancy;
(7) An analysis determining whether a dwelling unit proposed to be demolished is occupiable or not; and
(8) An analysis determined whether a dwelling unit proposed to be demolished or converted is considered a low/moderate income unit.
(D) The city will provide relocation assistance, as described in 24 C.F.R. § 570.496(B)(2) to each low/moderate income household displaced by the demolition of housing or by the conversion of a low/moderate income dwelling to another use as a direct result of assisted activities.
(E) Consistent with the goals and objectives of activities assisted under the Act, the city agrees to provide substantial levels of assistance to persons displaced by HUD-assisted programs and will further seek to minimize displacement of persons as a result of assisted activities.
(1982 Code, § 157.02) (Res. 91-7, passed 4-1-1991; Res. 98-15, passed 9-14-1998; Res. 00-16, passed 10-2-2000)